Sunday, March 9, 2008

Work. Work ? Work!

I've been here in Calgary for over half a year,
but I haven't got a part-time job here.
Looking at students around me,
nearly all of them have already got a job and been worked for a long time.
They've earned enough money to buy the round-trip tickets back to their hometown,
they've earned enough money for their daily use,
and they've earned enough money to buy cellphones, iPods, or laptops and desktops they want.
However,
I haven't gotten any part-time job.
I've been using my parents' money for over half a year!!
I have to save money!
Whenever I fall in love with a certain commodity,
I really wanna purchase it;
however,
is it badly needed?
If no,
then I just can pretend not knowing its existence.
Conversely, those who've earned money on their own can buy whatever they want as the money is their own property.
I wanna have a job!
But i don't wanna have a job as well.
Having a job, I can buy whatever I want, I can have my own freedom.
Not having a job, study hard, in the future, I may earn times more than right now, I can gain too much more freedom!
Having a part-time job is just a chance for me to communicate with others more than usual.
I cannot earn money this way.
For me as an international student,
it's also a chance to practice my spoken English: Fluency, Grammar, and Pronunciation.
Someone told me that in here students would like to take summer jobs during Spring session and summer session till fall session begins.
Maybe I can do it as well,
but i just don't know whether it is good or not.
For now, I'd like to study first,
and then consider having a job somewhere.
I can work on weekends,
earn a bit money,
i can buy less food for myself as i can eat at the workplace for free,
and I can also communicate with others.
Apart form getting a part-time job,
I also love to volunteer,
but I need to be a full university student,
not a student learning language here!!

Okay,
I'll go back to study now!
If want to know the details,
just feel free to listen to explanation next time!!

4 comments:

Scott Douglas said...

There are a lot of pros and cons surrouding the issue of whether or not to get a part time job. Whatever you do . . . keep your mind focused on your big goals. If a part time job will help you acheive those goal, then go for it. But if a part time job will detract from those goals, then I would say don't do it.

Oksana said...

Hi!
Thanks for a compliment though :)
A part time job helps to improve your speaking and listening skills. I should say communication skills in general. Moreover, you get to know more people that is another advantage. However, you cannot survive for this money... So i'm still taking money from my parents as well as you.
I think that's ok. Pretty soon we'll be able to help them, yey?

Fan (*^__^*) said...

c'mon man.there's many oppertunities. why not try?

David Sun said...

earning money is not easy....tired man~~
but you'd better try it. it is a precious experience for your abroad life