Friday, November 2, 2007

Light Up Your Fire!! Activate Your Flame!!!


Today, around 11:00 pm,
I dailed my friends in China,
because I missed them so much.
When I heard those guys' voices ,
I felt really happy.
After several minutes' greeting ,
they asked about my life in Calgary.
I told 'em that I feel good here.
I really love Calgary,
it's a beautiful city.
They also asked about my classes,
I retorted that I'm very interested in this program,
'cause I can learn a lot from it,
I can have a lot of chances to chat with people in English.
But recently,
I didn't feel like doing this,
maybe because I became homesick.
I spoke Mandaring frequently these days,
and even sometimes I spoke it on class.
The fire in my heart has already died down.
However,
After my friends' relief & encouragement,
the fire in my heart goes heavier now,
the flames are dacing crazily,
I've got fueled.
I hope that it will last for a long time.
Besides,
I learnt sth. from it,
I should contact with my friends in China on a regular basis.
For one thing, my homesick issue can be solved well;
for another, I can get fueled frequently so as to keep on learning hard.

I really love Avril Lavigne's songs, esp.
KEEP HOLDING ON!!!!

2 comments:

yun said...

I totally understand your feeling. Sometimes I also don't want to speak English. In that time. I watch Korean movie. I understand it perfectly and after crying or laughing, I feel much better usually. Don't forget Nick! I'm your friend too!^^

hjm.huang said...

Nick, homesick can not be healed by chatting with freinds!

I have been in canada more than one year, at the first eight months I just can't breath, whenever I saw some fight over my head while waiting a bus or walking to home, there was only thought came to my mind----I wish I could be on that fight to China.
next, I could not help crying and missing home, what is the worse,after that I phoned my friends in china whenever I have time, and I spent a lot of time on romantic novels and korean dramas or HongKong dramas. even though I was quite happy while I was enjoying those things, right after I put down my phone or stopped watching TV, homesick and sadness covered me again.

Keeping yourself busy is the best method to get away from homesick.
I used to work 14 hours a day, then after one an half hours taking bus to home, I can't even think what I should do the next day.
finally, after the crazy working days, I suddenly understood that homesick was the product of too much free time.